Meet Patrick Renner, Co-founder and COO
In order to learn more about the team behind Citruslabs, we spoke with Co-founder and COO, Patrick Renner about his role and hopes for the future of clinical studies.
1. What does a typical day in your role at Citruslabs look like?
I usually start my mornings with a catch up with our European team members. The rest of the day is a combination of product and business related projects.
2. Why did you want to be involved in Citruslabs, and in Clinical trials?
As a Co-Founder of Citruslabs I was always excited to build a company from the ground up. Starting a company in the healthcare space is even more rewarding because our work has a direct impact on people's lives.
3. What do you hope Citruslabs is able to provide people with?
Our mission is to help researchers to find better treatments for a wide variety of health conditions faster.
4. What is the most rewarding part of your job? The most challenging?
The most rewarding part is to see a product idea come to life with customers using it in real life. On the flip side, bugs found by these users are always a challenge but part of a software company.
5. Where do you hope to see Citruslabs go in the next 5 years?
We are very excited to continue our transition from a startup to a digital CRO. It is time to bring clinical research into the twenty-first century.
6. What is one thing you wish people knew about clinical trials? (Especially during COVID-19.)
Clinical trials are the lifeblood of research. Without clinical trials, there will be no progress in medicine. So we all need to work together to move this industry forward for the good of all of us. The COVID vaccine is a prime example of what research can achieve if we all work together to solve a very large problem.